PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information Bay Venues collects from you is for a lawful purpose connected to a function or activity of Bay Venues and is required for that purpose.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via any of our websites and related service, through any registration process or through any contact with us (e.g. in person, telephone call, text, email or contact form on our website).
- Third parties where you have authorised this or where the information is publically available.
- We will endeavour, where possible, to collect personal information from you directly.
USE OF INFORMATION
Bay Venues will use your personal information
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email) for this purpose. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- To improve the service we provide you
- To bill you and to collect money you owe to us, including authorising and processing credit card transaction
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and enforce our legal rights, including defending any claim
- For any other purposes authorised by you or the Act.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Bay Venues takes all reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of;
- What information is being collected
- The purpose it is being collected
- The intended recipients of the information
- The name and address of the agency collecting the information (Bay Venues) and the name and address of the agency holding the information
- Your rights to review and correct any of your personal information held by us.
Bay Venues takes all reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bay Venues takes all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, disclosure to unauthorised parties, unauthorised activity or other misuse.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal, as set out in the Act, you are entitled to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
If we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make that correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
Bay Venues is entitled to charge you for the reasonable costs of retrieving and providing this information and, as applicable, for correcting this information.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
There are instances where we may disclose your personal information to others;
- a credit reference agency for the purposes of credit checking you
- any business that supports our services and products including those that maintain our IT systems and the data they transmit or store
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
- a third party whose software we use to communicate with you.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Bay Venues will not hold your personal information for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was lawfully collected.
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND
You agree that Bay Venues may disclose your personal information outside of New Zealand (e.g. overseas software provider) where Bay Venues believes the overseas agency is subject to privacy laws that overall, provide safeguards comparable to those under the Act.
Bay Venues may assign a unique identifier to an individual for use in its operations only if that identifier is necessary to enable Bay Venues to carry out one or more of its functions efficiently.
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information entered via our websites. Ecommerce transactions are via third party agencies within New Zealand and overseas. Bay Venues believes the agency is subject to privacy laws that overall, provide safeguards comparable to those under the Act.
When you upload, post, or otherwise make content available via a Bay Venues website you agree that the content does not violate any laws including intellectual property rights and privacy laws, and you grant Bay Venues royalty free permission to use, modify, edit and display the content.
Bay Venues has a designated Privacy Officer assigned to deal with any privacy breach or complaint.